David Green, Owner, Improveon | Wellbeing 101; what is it and how do we measure it?
In this Episode Ian talk’s to David Green about how his book “the Age of Wellbeing” and they cover a subject that maybe we should have done as episode 1 of series 1. They talk through some of the basics of wellbeing including how we define it and how we can measure it. It is a wellbeing 101 session which goes through some of the fundamentals of what wellbeing is.
David and Ian discuss:
What is the definition of wellbeing
How can we measure wellbeing
What is the difference between wellbeing and happiness
What is the relationship between wellbeing and success
What is Inspiring David?
Flourish: A New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being – and How To Achieve Them: Martin Seligman
Other books and papers referenced in this podcast.
- Martin Seligman – Flourish
- Dale Carnegie – How to win friends and influence people
- Stephen Covey – 7 habits of highly effective people
- Myles-Jay Linton, Paul Dieppe & Antonieta Medina-Lara – 2016 Review of Wellbeing Measures
- BITC – Employee Wellbeing Measurement and metrics guide
- What Works Wellbeing – Question bank
- Jim Collins – Good to great
- Viktor Frankl – Man’s search for meaning
- Shawn Achor – The happiness advantage